Anastrozole belongs to the class of the newest potent aromatase inhibitors, produced in tablet form. It was originally used in the field of traditional medicine for the treatment of tumors in the mammary glands in patients. At the moment, the drug has also earned considerable popularity among representatives of various sports disciplines, who use anabolic and androgenic steroids, which have a high tendency to aromatization, to improve their physical fitness.
The drug effectively eliminates gynecomastia, saves from excessive swelling, fluid retention and other estrogen-dependent adverse reactions that accompany the use of anabolic substances. Quite often, athletes who do not know what anastrozole is, confuse it with antiestrogens like clomid or tamoxifen. But this drug is completely different from them. Aromatase inhibitors, which include anastrozole, suppress aromatization processes, eliminate estrogen side reactions from steroids, and are often used on the course. Anti-estrogens are taken during post-course therapy, they allow the athlete to restore the body after a course of steroids, including normalize the production of natural testosterone.
What are the positive effects of anastrozole?
All anabolic agents are subject to conversion to estrogen in the body, anastrozole is used in the course of testosterones and its derivatives – methyltestosterone, methandrostenolone. Boldenone and halotestin are slightly flavored. Also, before using an aromatase inhibitor, you must pass tests for estradiol to confirm the appropriateness of taking the drug.
In order to finally understand anastrozole for what it is needed, you need to know about the main positive effects that this aromatase inhibitor has on the athlete’s body, which include:
- blocking the growth of estrogen concentration in the body;
- prevention of high blood pressure, gynecomastia;
- reducing the overwhelming effect of estrogen on the hypothalamus-pituitary-testicles axis, which allows for a shorter period of time to restore the production of the male sex hormone in the body;
- increased blood concentrations of anabolic hormones;
- Aromatase inhibitor is an indispensable tool for athletes who have a genetic tendency to aromatization.
Anastrozole is characterized by a rather pronounced effect on the body – one milligram of the active component of an aromatase inhibitor is enough to suppress 80% of estradiol in the blood from the initial indicators. It is also worth noting that the maximum concentration of the active ingredient occurs a couple of hours after taking the pill.
How to use an aromatase inhibitor
Many beginners are interested in what is anastrozole, but it is worth noting that this aromatase inhibitor is taken mainly by professional athletes. Tablets of this drug can be taken both on the course of anabolic and androgenic substances, and during post-course therapy.
Total anastrozole is used in two cases:
- with the manifestation of estrogen-related adverse reactions from the use of anabolic and androgenic drugs – swelling of the mammary glands, redness, itching in the nipples, you need to take a 1 mg aromatase inhibitor – the whole tablet every day until the symptoms pass, then therapeutic doses are used;
- for the prevention of adverse reactions you need to drink every day 0.5 mg – half a pill.
For both regimens, the course should last no more than 2 weeks, such a period of use of anastrozole allows you to feel all the positive properties of the drug without the occurrence of adverse reactions. For better absorption of the active ingredient from the gastrointestinal tract into the blood, tablets are best taken in the morning on an empty stomach, drinking plenty of purified simple water.
Evidence of the need to reduce the dosage may be a manifestation of a depressive state, problems with erectile function, a decrease in libido. It should also be noted that a small level of estrogen in the male body has a positive effect on the development of muscular volumes, therefore, the prophylactic dose of anastrozole is indicated precisely in the volume needed to maintain the physiologically necessary level of estrogen for athletes.
What side effects need to be prepared
Anastrozole is used predominantly by men, since it can cause serious hormonal disturbances in women. In case of individual intolerance of the active component, exceeding the dosage, prolongation of the course of administration, the following undesirable reactions may occur:
- frequent drowsiness, a state of general weakness, which may reduce the effectiveness of training;
- various allergic reactions, expressed as rashes of the skin;
- diarrhea, nausea, vomiting;
- frequent headaches;
- skin disease characterized by target-like burns.
Also, too low concentration of estrogen in the male body can lead to a slower development of muscles, frequent pain in the joints, a decrease in bone strength, an increase in the concentration of “bad” cholesterol in the blood, which is fraught with the onset of heart disease. Because of this property, an aromatase inhibitor should be used with extreme caution for athletes with cardiovascular diseases.
Studying the reviews of athletes about the effectiveness of anastrozole, we can conclude that it is a fairly effective drug that allows you to eliminate gynecomastia in just a few days. With regard to the development of side effects, they occur quite rarely and at lower dosages or complete withdrawal of the drug are easily eliminated.